Day two. Doin' good. Woke up, and the first thing I did was a little bit of stretching, a good 30 minutes of ginga, and then a bit of the Wii. To my dismay, the Fit balance board isn't working, so I had to stick to Sports. My Wii Sports age for today is 33. After that, a bit of recreational bowling and boxing. I remembered I have a DDR mat; though its functionality is questionable, I'm going to break that out again. That was always some kick-ass cardio.
Also, my Aunt Kat is visiting us from Dallas. She brought along my two cousins that I'd never met before, Colon and Quin(n?). Quin(n?) has food allergies: gluten and dairy. I used that as an excuse to try cooking something I'd never attempted before: fish. I'm not normally a big fish eater. I love the crap out of sushi, and I'd do more despicable things for shrimp than I would for a Klondike bar, but regular fish, of any kind, I never got into. So I picked salmon.
My old/awesome roommate cooked it for a small dinner party once, and it was great. I didn't quite do everything he did, but it was still pretty good. I made almond rice pilaf, and peas and carrots to go with it. The rice was the only failure tonight, and even then it didn't fail by much. I bought some Izze to go with dinner, but didn't have any myself. It's one of the few pops Quin(n?) can have, plus my mom and sister had never tried it before.
I've been drinking an apple cider vinegar/water mix yesterday and today. 2 tbls vinegar to 16oz water. I'm still getting used to the taste and acidity, but my aunt says her husband does it/did it with great results. Apparently he shed 100 lbs not too long ago, so having her here to share some of the things he did should prove very useful.
Bola, you post what you eat, but what do you drink during the day? How much you drink and at what temperature served? With ice or without?
ReplyDeleteNot sure if idea with apple cider is so good. It increases the salvation, that's why food is digested more effectively, but it also changes your natural stomach acidity and destroys teeth enamel. Your body knows better, that's why you don't like its taste.
I drink water almost exclusively, at least 32oz a day. I try to keep to filtered water, but my current filter is expired, so until I can get a new one, it's been a generic-brand bottled water ("Source: Municipal water supply, Plymouth, MI. Purified by reverse osmosis). Sometimes I'll have a glass (approx 16oz) of 2% milk. The last couple days, I've had a few IZZEs, but those will never be a permanent fixture.
ReplyDelete32 oz is less than a liter. Everyone is supposed to drink at least 2 liters of just water a day. Taking into account your extra weight, you should drink even more, which gives about 70 oz (of water, in addition to anything else you drink).
ReplyDeleteYou might think that you'll absorb too much water, but your kidneys should take care of it, and once you have enough water coming into your body, it'll start getting rid of all the toxins, for which your body didn't have water to dissolve.
P.S. Bottled water. Purified from what? Our bodies need MINERAL water, not just cleaned water. "Jana" is a good brand for mineral water.
P.P.S. Wishing you best of patience!