So I'm still striving. As usual, going solo has proven to be difficult. It's still far too easy to just not try. But I'm taking measures to facilitate easier at-home exercising.
For starters, I purchased an exercise ball, 65cm. There's no space in my room for it, so it sits in the living room for those moments when I get the urge to use it. So far, when I have used it, it's been pretty fun.
One of my biggest problems has been just not knowing how overweight I am. Normal scales tend to not go high enough. So I bought one that will, rated to 550lb. I know I'm not that high, but as with everything else, I like a bit of leeway. At the same time, I bought one of those fitness bands. That, at least, definitely will fit in my room, and of course anywhere else I might be, so I'll have no excuse to not use it.
I'm not sure if I mentioned it already, and since I'm clearly not going to check before posting about it, I'll add this: a close friend, and all around terrific person, gifted me with a bike several months ago. I've been waiting for the weather to be decent before taking it out, and since it looks like that's finally become the case, now I'm putting it off until a day when I'm not working. Before handing it off, he'd put super-heavy-duty tubes in it, and I bought a seat that's comfortable for me. So all that's waiting is nice weather, and me without more excuses.
Also also, I might suddenly have great access to a gym. I started a new job recently, and literally down the hall from the office I work in, is an employees-only gym. I'm not going to divulge who I'm working for, or why there's an employee gym in the building, but I'm not looking this particular horse in the mouth. I just need to actually catch my supervisor while he's around and talk to him about it. And then it's just a matter of showing up several hours early for work so I can make use of it.
Anyways. That's that. I'll spare pictures this time, because nothing not worthy has happened since the last batch. I suppose I'll try to post another video at some point; probably once the scale and fitness band arrive.
I've only used a bosu (which is like the top half of an exercise ball planted on a rubber bottom) and it can create killer results for the abs. How are you planning to use yours?
ReplyDeleteThe fitness bands are awesome. I use a tight or medium resistance band in my CXworks class that targets core, abs and gluts when used in different ways. I'll try to find some videos to show you some of the exercises that we've done, that are highly effective and definitely make you sore.
Btw, are you still tracking your calories and measuring portions? The scale is a great idea, because it will keep you accountable. If you track your weight weekly, you'll be able to track progress. Hope the gym thing works too. Once you're here, perhaps you can join the Y with me. :)